Remember Me Red

Thursday, April 18, 2013

One Year Ago

Newborn!
One year ago yesterday we got the call we’d been anxiously awaiting for over 16 months.  I remember I was at work when I got the call from Kate at All God’s Children.  She said that a baby girl had been born one week earlier and that the birthmother had selected us to adopt her.  I can’t imagine the courage it took for her to choose to put her child up for adoption.  She is a very brave woman and we will be forever grateful to her for allowing us the privilege of raising Ciana.  Even though we had been waiting for the call for so long we were getting pretty discouraged, so when we heard the news we were surprised that it had finally happened and that it was a girl!  I can’t believe how much our lives have changed since that day.  Though our lives are now extremely busy, we’re losing sleep and we’re on our toes 24/7 chasing after her we wouldn’t change a thing.  Ciana is such a beautiful and happy little girl and brings so much joy to our lives, and to her sister’s too.  We received some photos of her on that referral day, but we weren’t allowed to share them publicly until the adoption was final, so I thought I would share them now, 1 year later.  I’m also sharing for the first time some of the update photos we received while she was still at Hannah’s Hope in Taiwan and we were waiting to bring her home.  While it was extremely hard to wait, we are grateful that we did or we wouldn’t have ended up with the blessing of Ciana that God had planned for our family!
2 Days Old


1 1/2 Months Old

1 1/2 Months Old and Check out my Hair!

2 1/2 Months Old

Yay!  That's my family!

4 Months Old

4 Months Old

5 Months Old





No comments:

Post a Comment