Remember Me Red

Monday, May 5, 2014

Ordinary to Extraordinary

When we woke up yesterday morning we thought it was going to be just another ordinary Sunday, but God had other plans.  We got ready and went to church as usual.  This happened to be baptism Sunday.  There was one lady that got baptized towards the end of the service.  Maya always loves to watch the baptisms and yesterday was no different.  She has mentioned to me many times before that she would like to be baptized.  Yesterday at the end of service the pastor was making his closing comments and he said there's water in the tank if anyone else would like to be baptized today and he ended the service.  Before we left, we walked as a family to get our communion elements and Maya turned and said to me "I want to be baptized.".  Now, I said?  Yes, was her response.  I wanted to make sure she knew why she should be baptized, so I asked her why she wanted to.  Her response was, because I asked Jesus in my heart.  I knew she had done this several years earlier and she has been really hungry for the word lately, watching The Bible mini-series over and over again.  The Lord must have laid it on her heart to be baptized!  So, who was I to refuse her.  Okay, I said, why not.  Church was dismissing so I sent Jeff to get Ciana from the nursery.  There were only a few people still hanging around talking or praying when we walked up to the children's minister who happened to have been doing the teaching that day.  Maya has something she wants to tell you,  I said.  So, she told him and he asked her the same questions I had asked.  He rounded up the rest of the team and we gathered around the baptismal pool.  Jeff repeated the pastor's words, ". . . Buried with Christ in the likeness of His death.  Raised with Him in the likeness of His Resurrection."  Maya was baptized right then and there!  As she came up out of the water the people that were still in the sanctuary clapped and cheered, as did all of Heaven I'm sure!  It was a special moment for all of us.  This was no ordinary day after all, God had make it Extraordinary! 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment