Remember Me Red

Friday, August 19, 2011

First Day

In Maya's own words her first day of Kindergarten was "Awesome"! She woke up yesterday to a rainbow in the sky to start out the day. It hadn't rained where we were, but there was a beautiful rainbow outside. I went in late to work so I could take her to school on her first day. I was in the other room and she came in all dressed and ready to go. Usually I am dressing her while she's still half asleep. We had an hour or so to kill before we had to go, so we played Clifford Uno, her favorite thing to do lately. When we got to school we were early so we went to the playground for a little while before the bell rang and everyone dashed for the doors. The teachers lined them up and walked them into their room. She was so excited! Around lunch time I got an email from her teacher saying that Maya was having a great day and that she is a joy to have in class. That was so nice and reassuring. I had a meeting in the afternoon so Maya took the bus home and stayed at the neighbor's house until Jeff got home. I asked the neighbor to text me to let me know she made it home okay. School was out at 2:15 and at 2:45 I hadn't heard anything. I waited and waited and waited. Finally at 3:00 I called and she had made it home okay, but the neighbor had forgotten to call me. I knew she was probably okay, but you never know for sure. When we had a chance to talk she said that her favorite parts of the day were recess and riding the bus. She really enjoyed her day and was excited to go back today!








No comments:

Post a Comment