Remember Me Red

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

6 Years Ago Today


Maya's Referral Picture 6 Years Ago
 
Six years ago today we traveled to our adoption agency’s office and saw Maya’s face for the first time. At that moment our lives were forever changed. She has brought so much joy to our lives. I don’t even know how I used to occupy my free time, but now I can’t even remember what free time is! She is always keeping me busy. The phrase I hear most often coming out of her mouth is “Mom, can we do gymnastics?” That’s how we spend most of our free time. Even when she’s been at gymnastics practice for 2 hours that’s the first thing she says when we get home. She has grown and matured so much since that day 6 years ago. She is a smart, funny, talented, compassionate and beautiful little girl that is growing into a beautiful young lady on the inside and out. This morning on the way to daycare I told her to look at the sky. The sun was hidden behind a cloud with a small hole in the middle where the sun was shining brightly through. You could also see the sun’s rays shooting out below the cloud. Her response was “Whoa! That’s cool how there’s strokes. It’s like God’s Power is coming out!” I wonder if she would have had the same response if she were being raised in China? It’s possible, but not likely. It was pretty awesome.

Maya Today

   

1 comment:

  1. that's awesome!! She's a special little girl, for sure!

    ReplyDelete