Remember Me Red

Thursday, August 9, 2012

It's Official!!!

It was 9:46 this morning when the call came in.  I was upstairs at work talking to the girls about the status of the adoption and how I have been waiting patiently by my phone expecting to hear something any day.  It was now 20 days into the 30 day maximum wait until our final decree would be issued.  I got back to my desk and checked my cell phone, like I have many times over the recent days, just to see if by chance I had received a call from our adoption agency.  I was totally expecting to see a blank screen like I had many times before, but instead it said I had a new voice mail message.  I thought it could be the call I had been waiting for, but didn’t want to get too excited until I heard for sure.  So, I listened to it and it was Kate on the other end saying she had good news, that she had received our final decree!  That’s it, the Taiwan court has made it official and Ciana is now our daughter!  I knew I was scrambling to get everything done and ready for some reason and just in time it seems.   Our documents have been sent to the translator and should be forwarded to AIT (American Consulate in Taiwan) yet this week.  Once they receive them we can request an appointment date which will determine when we travel.  Kate suggested that she might request an appointment on August 31, which would mean if AIT accepts that date we would leave here on August 24th or 25th.  That’s only 2 weeks away!  Tomorrow she will be 4 months old, so it will be different for us to have one that young.  That date is exactly what I had been thinking and hoping for, since it couldn’t be more perfect for Maya’s schedule, but I guess God’s timing is always perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment